1-Conversiones en 15mm.
We continue with another post in our blog. In this case we solve the problem of a client who needed to add archers to his Hispanic army of Numancia to fend off the siege of Scipio in October 134 BC.
We have on our disposal the following Warmodelling Miniatures figures: Gauls archers and Balearic slingers. With these two types of figures will make up Hispanics archers using the body of slingers, more corde with the age we want to represent, and the poses and bows of the Gauls.
In this first conversión we cut off the arm with the bow of the Gaul archer, and the same arm with the sling of this slinger using the clamp and a metal saw. We cut off the area so that there is no rest. Then slowly will double left arm over his shoulder simulating the action of releasing the bowstring. With a modeling drill we make a hole in the right arm to fit the arm of the Gaul archer, previously we will file at its end making a peak to be anchored better.
The next step is to glue with cyanoacrylate bow arm into the hole we practiced with drill. And with putty mold it a quiver of arrows on the belt of the miniature.
For this second conversion we cut the bow of the Gaul and filing the remains metal. On the slinger we have placed a portion of the arc, and the rest have molded with putty out over his arm, simulating the action of draw a bow. And we re-shape a quiver of arrows on the waist.
And this is the final result:
Here you can see the rest of conversions that have been made very similarly. In some cases we used a Gaul archer, with putty we have subsequently transformed hair and painted similar to the rest of the models. This make tha it fit perfectly into the unit we want to represent.
As you can see, an easy way to customize each figure and create figure that maybe we do not have right now or our manufacturer has not available. See you!
|Lord Brooke’s Purple Coats [Part II]||Lord Brooke’s Purple Coats [Part III]|
|Lord Brooke’s Purple Coats [Part II]|
|Lord Brooke’s Purple Coats [Part III]|