Gustavus II Adolphus, The Lion of The North – Warlord Games Pike & Shotte Miniatures
Gustavus II Adolphus of Sweden is considered one of the most remarkable Swedish kings. He participated in four international wars, always at the forefront. When he inherited the country it was mired in serious internal conflicts, managed out of a deep economic crisis, widened its borders and made Sweden a world power. It was a great strategist, especially at the Thirty Years War in Germany.
Since its arrival in this country he carried out a strategy of conquest of the courses of the main rivers, seizing communications between principal german cities and the Baltic Sea. Finally fall in the battle of Lützen on November 6, 1632 under fire from a shooter who took advantage of not wearing armor due to a shoulder injury still uncured for a previous battle.
- 28mm scale white metal.
- Model of Warlod Miniatures (http://www.warlordgames.com). Pike & Shotte range. Reference WGP-TY-21 Gustavus Adolphus, King of Sweden.
- Black primer.
- Painted with Vallejo Model Color (http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/).
- Double layer of matte varnish Marabu (http://www.marabu.com/).
It has giving dynamism to the scene with the little fence wich he is jumping made of balsa wood. I have molded several stones that have been painted with earth tones. The vegetation is abundant and varied created thus giving more diversity to the work alternating grass and flowers as spring style. Vegetation used::
- Highland tuft – The Army Painter (http://www.thearmypainter.com/)
- Swamp tuft – The Army Painter (http://www.thearmypainter.com/)
- Meadow Flowers – The Army Painter (http://www.thearmypainter.com/)
- Flock Blend Dark Conifer – Gale Force nine (http://www.gf9.com/)
- Ciump Foliage Olive Green (FC134) – Woodland Scenics (http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/)